Creativity & Genre
When starting a new journey with a field full of options to choose from, the creativity that can stem from that is endless. Not only do you have the chance to put your ideas that you’ve already thought of to life, but you also have the chance to branch out from those ideas and let your creative juices flow. Letting your creativity take over at the most spontaneous of moments can lead to the most incredible creations. For example, in the Ted Talk, Duncan Wardle talks about how he got his nephew a toy bike in this huge box, but for the rest of the day the kid wasn’t playing with the bike but the box. “What did he spend the rest of the day playing with. Why it could be anything he wanted it to be it was anything you wanted it to be, it was a fort, it was a castle, it was a Rocket ship, it was a Barbie’s house...” (Ted Talk Video). This statement provided an example of how your imagination can lead the path to anywhere and everything if you just let it.
My friend in another one of the class periods is also doing a general interest magazine. Though she doesn’t have a specific topic narrowed down I can tell, based solely off our different personality types, that the way we’ll both have very different writing techniques and layouts for our magazines. One major indication that helped me conclude this was the “New Introductions” activity where we made 10 sentences comparing ourselves to other things. I made ten sentences comparing the way animals act to the way I act; for example, “A turtle because I have strong outer shell.” Also, after having read source 1 I found, “Creative self-efficacy is a specific type of creative self-confidence that helps shape more global beliefs about our creative abilities and identity,” (source 1). This statement from the article reveals that different levels of confidence and overall personality type can have a major effect on your creativity and the process with it. While my friend is very extroverted and has a lot of confidence always surrounding her, I am more introverted with not nearly as much confidence as her.
My vision for my portfolio project is, as stated in previous blogs, going to be a magazine and my magazine is going to be centered around a general interest. I wanted to choose a general interest topic because with the vision I had going for this project, that is the only suitable group for it. My vision is I want to take my great grandmother’s recipe book, recreate some of the dishes, and go into depth about the history behind those dishes. I never got the chance to meet her so recreating these dishes is the best I'll get for now but would hopefully still make her proud of she was here.
Comments
Post a Comment