Peer Pitch & Concept Refinement Chart
After my one on one with my teacher, my original idea was thrown out the window. And after having discussed with my sister about my frustration and my need for a new concept she inspired me with this new concept of investigating species native to Florida, specifically Sarasota, using 5 different locations. I evolved the idea and thought it was terrific because with how broad the topic is, I figured this could work long term and not widely covered as much compared to other topic points. For example, this one article states, “Niche publishers... are thriving... by staying relentlessly focused on one specific category and by thoroughly understanding the types of content and information that their audiences want, need – and in some cases, what readers don’t yet know they need,” (Source 2). So I developed by pitch a little more and prepared to present my topic, but a lot of people had something to say.
While presenting I got a lot of feedback/tips on what I can change to make better and things that I could use to develop my topic to make it better and how to make it more relevant to the people. For example, the biggest feedback that I received that I am going to attribute to my project is turning my topic and going into the route of the “Conservationist”, which is another plant magazine that goes into detail about how to conserve these plants. But then I also got a few pieces of feedback that were not helpful. One of those examples was someone telling me that I needed to broaden my topic and allow for a bigger audience. I have no problem with the idea of expanding for a bigger audience but my complaint on this feedback is that my topic is already broad enough. “Content – Making it relevant and selling its relevance,” (Source 3). This statement from source three relates to the feedback that I am going to incorporate into the article. Getting a wider audience and branching out to different audiences is one of the key components in magazines and one that I need to work harder on for this one.
The assigned article goes into a lot of detail about this astound writers and their contribution to the community and this I feel does support my concept because these writers have all written about things that relate back to their community and that’s like what I want to accomplish with this magazine. “Heather Buchanan is the owner and publisher of Aquarius Press, now in its twenty-first year. In 2007 she co-founded its flagship imprint, Willow Books, with Randall Horton, to serve a mission to develop, publish, and promote writers of color,” (Source 1). I want to go into detail about the species native to Florida and with the new feedback, go into detail about how to conserve them.
Sources:
1. Annotated Bibliography
2. https://www.woodwing.com/en/blog/magazine-publishing-trends-for-2019
3. https://www.ovidbell.com/magazine-publishing-trends-for-2020-the-alliance-of-print-and-digital/

Comments
Post a Comment