Storyboard
Working on the storyboard was a great way to not only get started on my concept for my magazine, but it overall helped me narrow down specifically what I want to do for my magazine and how to organize those ideas. It was challenging at times because till now I still don’t know exactly everything I want to write about word for word and I’m not set-in stone on any pictures or finalized any assets to my magazine. But what I did enjoy was that this storyboard helped with the ideas I knew I wanted to incorporate into the magazine because having them put down on paper let me know to use them later. And one of the articles made me realize that the storyboarding helped increase some of my skills. For example, “Student learning outcomes can include the development of: enhanced writing, artistic and design skills” (Source 1).
What I gained from doing this storyboarding activity was a developed skill of brainstorming. One of the sources stated, “Storyboarding is a structured exercise based on brainstorming. You can use it in all stages of the problem-solving process, but it's especially helpful for generating alternatives and choosing among them” (Source 2). This states that this whole activity was a brainstorming based activity, and it involves a lot of different attributes in order to help the person increase that skill. And the way this storyboarding activity helped develop my concept was that it helped me narrow down my subject of what I wanted to do. My subject is a Florida version of the Conservationist magazine in New York state and my biggest problem was figuring out what I wanted to do for my feature article. But for some reason, the layout helped me narrow down my decision to wanting to do a Covid based feature article and the things that Covid has limited us doing outside but including the activities we can do to stay close to nature and stay safe/healthy. And this was a drastic change from my concept refinement because my subject wasn’t even this narrowed down to the idea of the conservationist. In my concept refinement I talk about wanting to talk about the different species native to Florida and now my subject goes into the how to stay close to nature with Covid still on our tail.




Comments
Post a Comment