Peer Review
On Friday, the 29th of January, I presented my first version of my magazine. After having presented, I was able to get a lot of feedback from my peers on various aspects of my magazine. Some of the feedback I received varied from compliments, few mishaps, and possible changes just for a better layout. In this post I will be explaining the sum of my feedback, talking about the parts of my magazine that my peers enjoyed the most and the parts of my magazine that they feel could do with some editing.
Starting with the parts of my magazine that my peers enjoyed, they had a quite a few good things to say. First and foremost, I got a compliment on my cover page, mainly the picture on the cover page, which lead to multiple compliments on my pictures throughout the magazine. My pictures were said to be very nice and fit the placement of each section of my article nicely. I also got compliments on my color contrasts' in my magazine and how they correlate to my concept as well as they page they are fixated on. And for my favorite compliment I received from my peers, one of my peers had said how they liked my concept and how it was a good idea because it was relevant with today's events.
Now for the critique aspect of my peer review. First I was told that the color of the words on the cover page should be changed because the white words with the sage background could make it a little hard to read, as well as changing up the fonts on different areas of my article. I was then made aware of some of my offset placements of my pictures because they didn't line up with the rest of my article. And this correlates to fixing the placement of my publishing date and fixing the boarder width of my feature article. Another student then told me that I should change my selling line and make my article more relatable to conservationists and less about COVID since it won't be around forever. But with all that critique information, I'd say what I got critiqued on the most was to change my spacing of pictures and paragraphs.
Finally, the changes I will be inputing into my final product of my magazine. After receiving all that critique, I was able to come up with some ideas that would help bring my article all together and include some of the ideas given to me from my peers. First, I am going to use the idea given to me that I should make a subheading underneath my masthead explaining how this is the COVID-19 issue so I don't have to make more adaptations to conservationists and make my article less about COVID. Next, I will be changing up my spacing/placement of my paragraphs and pictures on my feature article and contents page, then I will add a black outline to the subheadings on my cover page so they will stand out more and make it easier for the reader to see/read them. I will also be changing up some of the fonts on my subheadings on my cover page and on my contents page so it will be easier to differentiate. And finally I will play around with the placement of the different headings/subheadings, besides the masthead, on the cover page so the reader will have an easier time reading everything and so everything looks more professional.
Comments
Post a Comment