Post Production 1- Editing
After having received my peer review I was aware of the changes that I knew needed to be made to my magazine that were either mistakes I had made or critiques of what the readers may prefer in my article. And after having a chance to review all of the critiques and narrowing them down to the ones I will attribute to my magazine, I was able to do just that.
One of the editorial changes I made that was a clear mistake was the spacing of my body paragraphs and my pictures within my feature article. They were previously misplaced, off sized, and unaligned with the rest of the page and each other; I edited this by aligning the pictures and the body paragraph so they were all perfectly organized. I then made some suggestive editing to my cover and contents page by changing the subheadings on both pages to different colors and fonts so they stand out better on the pages. Another change I made was I moved my selling line down closer to my feature article title so I would have room to add a subheading underneath my masthead that stated "The COVID Issue". This was a suggestion from one of my peers so the reader would acknowledge that this magazine is centered around the COVID-19 crisis and that's why it was so heavily discussed. I used Indesign as my software to make all of these changes and the tools I used to make these editorial changes were the text tool, the colored font tool, and I used the framing tool to help me set up an even layout of each page of my magazine.
My desired result before editing was to make edits to the aspects of my magazine that were clearly mistakes (paragraph and photo alignment) and to contribute some of the suggestive feedback (change color of fonts, make it a COVID issue) given to me by my peers to my finalized product. And after having edited, I feel contempt with the product I have made and am happy with the result I have acquired.
Comments
Post a Comment